Brinkmann pan

Donny Anderson

TVWBB Super Fan
I got a new Brinkmann pan today. I am a little disappointed in the quality of the product. Is it supposed to be this flimsy? The product was also not packed very well (I ordered it from Brinkmann). The lip was bent and was scratched up quite a bit. Is it ok to use or should I pack it up and send it back?

The quality of the Brinkman pan is pretty low, ime, but so is the price, especially if you order from Bass Pro. However, it should not have a bent lip and if its worth the hassle to you, send it back. FWIW, I order 4 to 6 at a time from Bass pro to cut down shipping costs and I think they only cost around 6 bucks, each.

Paul

The Brinkman charcoal pan which is is referred to here as the "Brinkman pan" will handle 2 gals. of water, I believe. Yes, it will certainly support the water and the lip is actually more steady on the WSM tabs than the standard pan.

Paul

Going to resurrect this topic as I am looking to change to the shallower pan.

Does this look like the correct product for an 18" WSM?

* Holds water and marinade for vertical smokers
* Porcelain coating protects against rust
* 13-1/2-inch diameter

The Brinkmann Porcelain-Coated Water Pan holds water and marinade for vertical smokers. Its 13-1/2'' pan fits all Brinkmann and Cook’N Ca’jun vertical charcoal, electric and propane smokers (except Gourmet charcoal, Cook’N Ca’jun S-80 charcoal and Cook’N Carry). Its porcelain coating protects against rust.

Here is the link to it on the Bass Pro website. Too bad they don't ship to store as I can walk to one.

Thanks everyone.

The Brinkman waterpan is too small for the WSM, the pans diameter is 13+ inches.

The Brinkman Charcoal pan is the one that fits the WSM.

A shallower water pan would be the standard old style WSM pan.

Academy Sports & Outdoors sell's the water & charcoal brinkman pan's. Each one is under 5 dollar's.

Back