New OTG or Performer

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Right now I have a Summit Silver gasser and a WSM.Looking to add a OTG or a Performer. Just wondering if the performer is worth the extra money. I use a chimmney now using the side burner on the gasser to start it. I'm not so sure I need the cart with the Performer, but I don't want to get the OTG and later be unhappy the I didn't spring the extra money and get the performer. Hopefully I can get some advice from some of you that have used both.

Paul

just my $0.02... would be for the performer... the therm+ side table+storage definitely are useful....its pricey but i havent regretted getting it...

Paul
Forget the price difference, in 12 months time you won't remember that part of the purchase, but you will congratulate yourself on deciding to purchase the performer for all it's extra features that you really enjoy over the OTG.
As Evan says "the therm+ side table+storage definitely are useful" so is the inbuilt slide aside and a big plus is the storage area underneath. You can use the gas ignition on the performer to light the chimney if you want to. When I am demonstrating, I always ask customers to think about how they would improve the kettle and then ask them if the performer matches those requirements.
You won't regret it.

Regards

I agree with Evan and Phil. The Performer is fantastic and comes with all of the accessories that you will want to add to the OTG. I've only had mine since Christmas but I absolutely love it. The only negative that I can think of is that it is bulky and would be hard to transport for tailgating.

I have the old sytle Performer and would recommend the current Performer over the OTG. Either, of course, is a great grill, but "looking back", as you said, you'll always wish you'de gotten the Performer.

Paul

I had the same problem this past fall, and I finally went with the OTG. If I had it to do over I would have gone with the Performer. I finally moved a picnic table next to the OTG, so I had a work surface.

I recently took delivery of my Performer (sage green is very nice) and the main reason of purchase was the workbench cart. The added bonus was gas charcoal starter (absolutely brilliant)and somewhere to store the charcoal instead of storing it the garage and never being able to find it when i want it LOL.
And like all weber products,they may even outlast you.Go for the performer, you won't be sorry.

A thank you to everyone for the input. I am going to get the Performer. Didn't think anyone would say "should have got the OTG".Anyway it will be a nice addition to the deck.

Paul

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul Nielsen:
A thank you to everyone for the input. I am going to get the Performer. Didn't think anyone would say "should have got the OTG".Anyway it will be a nice addition to the deck.

Paul </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good choice, if you have the extra $$. I've had mine for almost a year now and have to ditto what otheres said. Might as well order yourself an EZque rottisserie now
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Good choice, if you have the extra $$. I've had mine for almost a year now and have to ditto what otheres said. Might as well order yourself an EZque rottisserie now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And dont forget the Wok, digital thermometer, rib rack, grill tray, basting brush set, chimney, cleaning brush, cover, spare trays, supply of charcoal and briquettes, smoke wood, grill mat, vegetable/warming rack, griddle plate, tongs, glove, spatula knives, cutting board, ziplock bags, spare gas canister, cleaning cloths etc. I was trying to mentally go through all my additional bits that I use with my performer. The list gets bigger every week
Most important - don't forget the cupboard full of BBQ cookbooks, herbs and spices, sauces, mops, marinades and rubs.

It just goes on and on doesn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back