HELP – I’m too F’n stupid to figure this out!

Chuck R

TVWBB Fan
I bought a new 10 cfm fan for my 22 WSM to replace the 5 cfm fan I had on my 18. With the 18, I renamed my Sensor 1 probe (Control) to Grill Temp; my Sensor 2 probe to Top Temp; and Sensor 3 probe to “Bottom Temp., and it all worked with StokerLog on the 18.

I hook Stoker up with the 10 cfm fan, turned Stoker on, and the fan runs for five seconds, as it is supposed to when first checking out the system. But then the StokerLog “Control” box (for the main control probe) shows “No Control” and under “Status” it reads “No (Fire) control Probes found”, then, in order, the “Monitor” boxes show Bottom Temp, Grill Temp and Top Temp. and the temperatures in the “Current Temp” boxes correspond with the proper probes (checked with an ice cube).

So I pull the fan and “Top” and Bottom” jacks, go to “Main Temp Control, hit “Sel” and “Temp Control Scan” shows on the Stoker screen. I hit “Sel” and "Grill Temp *Tmp: **.*º" shows, with **.* the actual temp (as tested with an ice cube).

On StokerLog, I hit “Refresh Data from Stoker” and, after refreshing, “Control” still shows “No Control”, and Monitor” shows Grill Temp.

***?

How do I get the “Control” box to read the “Grill Temp” probe?

I DID IT, YEAHHHHHhhhhhh. I hooked the 5 cfm fan back up and it read the “Grill Temp” probe in the "Control" box. So I figured it was the fan, not the probe that was causing the problem. Set the new blower to “Grill Temp” probe and IT WORKS.

I’ll leave this on the forum if anyone else has the broplem.

stoker loses the blower configuration when you change the configuration. The physical jacks have no meaning to it. Every probe has its ID and it must be assigned when you change that or it won't work.

So you always need to go into the browser and re-associate it.

Back