kabob-a-go go

Kaz S

TVWBB Pro
Its been to long since I posted a photo cook. I was hoping for a new camera phone for xmas, but santa must not of heard me, oh well. I did get a shish kabob rotisserie attachment and it was high time to give that doo-hickey a whirl. So I marinaded 5 lbs of boneless thighs in my favorite kabob recipe.

So after a beautiful day working at the...
utf-8BSU1HMDIwMzEtMjAxMjAxMDktMTQ0My5qcGc.jpg

...Landfill!

My CHICKEN was ready and so was I!
utf-8BSU1HMDIwMzItMjAxMjAxMDktMTkxNC5qcGc.jpg

So let's spin this wire wheel.
utf-8BSU1HMDIwMzQtMjAxMjAxMDktMTkxNS5qcGc.jpg

Looks dog-gone good from here, didn't even need a counter balance.
utf-8BSU1HMDIwMzUtMjAxMjAxMDktMTkxNS5qcGc.jpg

Pecan wood for smoke.
utf-8BSU1HMDIwMzgtMjAxMjAxMDktMTkxOC5qcGc.jpg

And royal oak lump for heat.
utf-8BSU1HMDIwNDAtMjAxMjAxMDktMTkzOC5qcGc.jpg

Used my side burner to whip up a side of rice, since weber didn't install one on my platinum I had to install it myself
icon_biggrin.gif

utf-8BSU1HMDIwMjItMjAxMjAxMDUtMjI1Ni5qcGc.jpg

Which really looks like onions in the photo but trust me for this cook it was white rice
icon_wink.gif

Flash fried up some spinach leaves to round out the veggie fix and plated it out something like this.
utf-8BSU1HMDIwNDMtMjAxMjAxMDktMjAyMC5qcGc.jpg

So I could finally sat down to eat some good mood food. Oh was there football on!?!
icon_eek.gif

utf-8BSU1HMDIwNDctMjAxMjAxMDktMjAyMi5qcGc.jpg

I finished all this
utf-8BSU1HMDIwNDgtMjAxMjAxMDktMjA0OS5qcGc.jpg

And one of momma's b-day cupcakes!
utf-8BSU1HMDIwMjUtMjAxMjAxMDYtMTgzMC5qcGc.jpg

I liked the kabob wheel, and I really like the roti basket, and love the camp stove. I got the stainless steel basket and the roti wheel for half the price of the rib-o-later. But its on my wish list
icon_wink.gif

The kabobs were great and the flash fried spinach was fantastic.

Thanks all, and if you buy the roti attachment please use the amazon link from the site.

Thanks all!

The kebab set-up was less than $13 off amazon.com so I figured for that price why not. Most skewer sets cost more than that! It has swedish instructions daniel get you one and do some pork loin gyros.

The wheel has 6 skewers and held all 5 lbs of my thighs and I could of fit all 5 pounds on 5 skewers. And you could put in just 1 or 2 skewers if you wanted to also. They go in and out easy enough (don't have to undo wingnuts to grab a skewer) and clean-up wasn't terrible. The sugary teriyaki sauce made it worse. And I got some flare-ups because of the sauce but it didn't burn because it just kept spinning. Can't wait to try wings, shrimp, and anything else I wanna jam a rod through and baste while it spins. Suggestions? Its almost dinner time!

Great cook and your post was cracking me up right from the "County Fishing Hole". Now that is some funny shaat.

Great idea with the "Shish Kebab" wheel !
One tip - Ensure a meat does not spin freely or hang off the skewer.

Wow, those chicken pieces were GB&D...Golden Brown, and Delicious!!

Thanks for sharing!

Barret

I still can't see your pics using Firefox

John - I'm using Firefox, as well, and at first I couldn't see them, either. I loaded and reloaded the page a few times, but still nothing. So, I right-clicked on the page and chose to "View Page Source". In that page, I was able to find the links that led me directly to the pics. Once I posted my reply, the pics suddenly showed up. Weird.

Anyway, hope that helps.

Barret

Thanks all! This cook was 2 years ago!!!

Still epic. Funny too I bought her the exact same cake this year! LOL

Barrett I've missed you brother!

Still got the same crap phone, and photo app. So as always...

Photos work in Internet Explorer, but not Fire Fox for some doggone reason!!

It's like a reunion revisiting this old thread. It's good to hear from you Kaz, Happy New year!

Back