Anyone look at Kaytat.com lately?

joe thomas

TVWBB Fan
I did my every so often look for Stoker updates and noticed this...

Update (January 29, 2009)
I'm rewriting all the socket control stuff. It was originally kinda hokey.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Nothing else on the page has changed.

Sounds like he is rewriting some low level functions on the TCP/IP implementation. I think the web server and the telnet server *may* be affected by this - who knows. I thought that with the controller they are using that this level of functionality was something they did not need to deal with.

Amir can probably shed more light onto it as he's been in contact with him.

I seriously hope he doesn't change the web UI as that could be really bad for the StokerLog. It would be nice if they added a web service implementation to it though. If they did then StokerLog and other programs could easily be re factored to use it.

-rob

I have not talked to him lately and didn't know he was still working on this. But do know what is about...

When I was deep in figuring out how to make all of this work from HTML parsing to making sense out of the telnet output, I asked him if he could just give me a simple TCP interfce to both fetch status and program the thing. He did a quick implementation but by then, I had finished the latest version and didn't have time to work with him. He put the code on back burner and that is where I thought still was.

The version with sockets did delete the whole web interface since he didn't have room for both but he was going to fix that. So maybe that is the work item.

At this point, now that I have done all the work to talk to the machine, I am not seeing great pay off in starting with a new interface. The only enhancement would have been to be able to fully control the feedback look to adjust better to smoker characteristics as that requires fast control (which HTTP does not provide).

Back