Bacon flavored Vodka

So I found this on a home distilling website and am giving it a go.

In a pint sized mason jar add 3 cooked strips of bacon. They did not specify rubbery or crispy so I am trying both. Fill mason jar with vodka and set on shelf 3 weeks. Do not refrigerate. After the 3 weeks is up put in freezer to solidify the fats. Then run through a coffee filter.

They state it is excellent for bloody marys. I also added some peppercorns to mine. In 2 weeks I will let ya know how it is.

IMG_0324.jpg

Brian,

How did this come out?

I ate at a tapas place Saturday and their house drink was an Iberian Old Fashioned. I figured I'd try it, as I was in the mood for some whiskey. After taking a sip, I told my wife there was bacon in my drink. Go back and read the description and it was Bacon infused rye whiskey. It was incredible, so I had a second.

Arapahoe Basin (a ski area in Colorado) does Bloody Marys with bacon infused vodka. The garnish is a piece of bacon cooked on a skewer. They are the best breakfast in the whole world...

30738_393624833801_662878801_4132456_1064755_n.jpg

inquiring minds want to know
icon_wink.gif

Did your method work out well Brian? I've been wanting to try this, and some jalapeno infused Tequila

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JSMcdowell:
Brian,

How did this come out?

I ate at a tapas place Saturday and their house drink was an Iberian Old Fashioned. I figured I'd try it, as I was in the mood for some whiskey. After taking a sip, I told my wife there was bacon in my drink. Go back and read the description and it was Bacon infused rye whiskey. It was incredible, so I had a second. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was interesting, ran it though a coffee filter twice. Not as good as the mint wine I made long ago...

Back