Wacky Wednesday Dinner

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
DSC00460_r-2.jpg

Was trying to figure out what to cook for dinner. Decided on doing some spuds and onions on the grill. Cut up 1 large baker and 1 medium onion. Coated in smoked olive oil, with a little extra in the bottom of the pan. Sprinkled with Penzeys Northwoods Fire.

DSC00463_r-2.jpg

On to the Weber.

DSC00466_r-2.jpg

While the potatoes and onions were cooking, sliced up some Kielbasa. Coated it with Penzeys Turkish seasoning. When I placed my order with Penzeys they sent this as a sample. Sure glad they did as it has a great aroma and a delicious taste.

DSC00472_r-2.jpg

Kielbasa onto the grill with the potatoes.

DSC00477_r-2.jpg

Here is where it gets a little wacky. My wife, Bev got home from work and asked if I was going to cook the tuna, which she has had marinating the past couple days in the refrigerator. I plain forgot about it, so got it ready for the grill. Her marinade consisted of olive oil, salt/pepper and lemon zest. This was what I meant by wacky, tuna with potatoes/onions and kielbasa. Something you probably would not see in too many restaurants.
icon_biggrin.gif

DSC00480_r-2.jpg

Tuna onto the grill. Direct cooked for about 2 minutes on each side and then cooked indirect to an internal temp of 120. Neither of us care for rare tuna.

DSC00482_r-2.jpg

Plated all together.

This was a pleasant surprise to me as the combination of food worked out real good. Everything was delicious, especially the tuna. I know you shouldn't marinade fish very long, but the combination of items that she used seemed to improve the taste and texture. The lemon zest really added a great flavor to the tuna.

Thanks for looking and putting up with my story.

Makes sense to me. When my kids were younger, I did a lot of Asian cooking, but have always loved pasta. A Chinese stir fry with spaghetti for dinner was not unusual. The kids thought it was funny too so we started calling those dinners Marco Polo. It worked.

Great dinner! Love the spuds and onions, I'll have to try that this weekend! Thanks for the pics!!!!!

I would order that plate from any restaurant in the P-nut chain. Looks great! Never had tuna. But raw fish aint nothing for me...Like your way MuTcH better.

I don't think there are any rules to follow when serving certain dishes... I eet whatever looks good and whatever is available.
And if there ARE rules, Break the RU LES!

Great Lookin' Cookin' Mike!

looks good to me! you dont have to be on the forum long to recognize those plates. maybe i should spend more time looking at the food.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Back