iGrill with 2 probes $72

John Ford

TVWBB Pro
Like many of you I'm a 60 y/o overgrown kid & like my toys 

I've been using a $10 accurite probe thermometer for smoking, actually works good & a new thermometer is cheaper than most replacement probes.
A friend got the igrill about 3 months ago & loves it.
Well I was looking at things I wanted for fathers day & didn't get, & found the igrill 2 probe for $72 delivered.
Bit the Bullit & it was delivered Friday.
Easy to pair with iPad , used one probe for meat temp & one for cooker temp.
Good range, easy to set temps , seems accurate.it was nice on this 100F day to sit inside & monitor cook
icon_cool.gif

A pic of iPad screen early in cook.

4e4df790.jpg

How do you like the iGrill so far? I've been reading mixed reviews about it but the idea seems like a great one. I am definitely in the market for some thermometers but still haven't decided which route I want go.

Does it only pair through your common wifi in the house, or would it work together without.

*Edit* - Sorry, never mind. I see it is bluetooth so that answers that!

Howdy, John!

I looked for such a unit about 6 months ago before I bought a Maverick. Wish now that I had waited.

If you don't mind my asking, did the unit you bought come with 2 probes or did you have to buy the second one separately? Also, can the probes be used interchangeably or are they like the Maverick where one if for the cooking chamber and the other for the meat?

Looks like a great solution. I always have my iPhone in my pocket but can't keep up with my Maverick remote. Having it on the iPad would be handy for seeing the conditions while working on other things in the kitchen.

Thanks for telling us about it.

I just got the iGrill a few days ago. I bought the one from Amazon and it comes with two probes. The probes are identical so they can be interchanged between food and smoker temp if you like. I haven't used it in a real cook yet but just tried it outside and it seemed to work great. I love the graph feature of it. Having it go to my iPhone or iPad is genius.

Got my iGrill for Father's Day. Note that Amazon sells an iGrill with one probe and also a model with two probes. Here's the kicker, they are the same price!! So I sent the one with one probe back with no problem from Amazon and ordered the two probe model. I have used it a few times and love it. I haven't had problems with losing the bluetooth signal yet either. I'm pretty impressed with it so far.

So you have to have an iPad, iPhone, or Apple computer to use this? Apparently, I can't monitor from my IBM style computer (aka PC) or laptop? Too bad, as nice as it is, I'm not buying an Apple just to monitor my smoker. Maybe if my wife buys one down the road, I can knick it!

Steve:

do you maybe have an iPod touch? I don't know, but I'd imagine it would work on one of those.

Yeah, so far you have to own an Apple product to use the iGrill. I have an iPad. I saw on the iGrill website that they are working on an Android app so you can you use an Android smartphone. It seems that would be real smart for them to do that.

For those of you who have the iGrill, can you tell me the maximum temperature for which the probes and cables are rated?

Back