Santa Maria BBQ Pit and a Tri Tip

John Solak

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Been wanting a Santa Maria grill for a while and finally went and picked one up today. I had to break it in with a tri tip and red oak logs. Had to use my phone for the pics so they aren't that great.

20 X 30 Santa Maria style BBQ grill
003.jpg

Tri tip cooking away with a few sides. Corn, yellow peppers and some ranch style beans
009.jpg

While the tri tip was resting I put on some garlic bread
026.jpg

My plate. Weather is suppose to be outstanding so I gonna have fun this weekend figuring out how to cook on this grill!
035.jpg

Good looking meal John! Doesn't look to me that you will have to figure too much out. Note to self: Do not go looking for another grill...
icon_rolleyes.gif
I really like the looks of the grill, so probably will disregard my note to self!!
icon_biggrin.gif

w0wJohn, That's a GrateLookin' Grill! and sure looks like it knows how to grill great lookin' chow too!
By the looks of that big ol' dinner plate, you're not too far behind me in the waistline
icon_biggrin.gif
I love it!!
Congratulations!

Nice pit! Can you find them in San Diego? I think about half my graduating class from St. Joseph HS in Santa Maria ended up moving to San Diego. I bet they'd appreciate having a local source down there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">this weekend figuring out how to cook on this grill! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like you already got it! A nice looking grill and fantastic food John!

Back