Cheesecake a la Jeff S.

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Jeff S. in the Recipe Requests Forum on 5/24/04.
------------------------------

This is the recipe I have been using.

All of the cheesecakes I have ever made called for whipping cream. I have seen a lot that use sour cream. Not sure if I'd like that or not (will try it though sometime).

As I mention in this recipe, it is best to let chill overnight. This is to ensure it sets up properly, and the center isn't like pudding.
FYI, also I use dental floss to cut the cake, makes for a perfectly cut cheesecake.

2.5 lbs of cream cheese at room temp
1-1/2 granulated sugar
3 Tbs. all-purpose flour
Zest of 1 lemon
Zest of 1 orange
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 eggs
2 additional egg yolks
1/4 cup whipping cream
9-inch springform pan lined generously with butter and patted with graham cracker crumbs

Directions:

Heat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare springform pan with an electric mixer, mix the cheese, sugar, flour, orange and lemon zests and vanilla until smooth. Add the eggs and yolks, beating in one at a time, and finally the whipping cream. Place a pan with water on the lower rack of your oven. Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan, place above the water pan on the upper oven rack.

Bake for 10 minutes or until the top of the cake turns golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 225 and bake for one hour and 15 minutes longer. Turn oven off and let cool on rack until it reaches room temperature. Release the sides of the pan. Do not remove the bottom of the pan.

Best if chilled overnight. Place cake on a platter. Top with fruit or glaze, if desired, and serve.

Back