Blue 22.5" OTG 10 years old - worth it at $50?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Dang

TVWBB Super Fan
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/hsh/662346328.html

Don't nobody steal it!
icon_smile.gif

I'm thinking of offering $40, but it looks to be in very good shape. Other than being 10 years old, any drawbacks? I knew it was old due to that weird metal rod on the other side, is that for the lid maybe? I will be replacing the grates anyway, with stainless one from Weber. What do you all think? Worth it at $40?

Someone else is selling a black One-Touch Silver for $40, only a few months old. But for an extra $10 or even the same price, I think the blue, the ash catcher is worth the ten year older grill.. Seller says there is no rust.

This grill is a Weber Mastertouch. The weird metal rod is a lid holder. The Mastertouch also has a thermometer mounted in the lid, through the top handle. I would jump on this grill. Offer him $40 and see if he takes it.

Good luck,
Craig Wagoner

I would take it for the $50 they are asking for it. I have one and love it! They are even throwing in a cover for it. The only better Charcoal grill you could get is a Performer.

In any event, you would not have a problem reselling it for what you paid for it if you ever changed your mind.

Yeah, I decided, what the heck is $10 I spend 200 bucks a weekend just going out to bars and such.

Got tied up yesterday so I didn't want to call, going to call this morning. I love the blue.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joe Dang:
Yeah, I decided, what the heck is $10 I spend 200 bucks a weekend just going out to bars and such.

Got tied up yesterday so I didn't want to call, going to call this morning. I love the blue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Looks good. Let us know if you got it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Craig Wagoner:
This grill is a Weber Mastertouch. The weird metal rod is a lid holder. The Mastertouch also has a thermometer mounted in the lid, through the top handle. I would jump on this grill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep, Great grill. I have one just like it. Paid $49.99 (winter clearance) for it at Costco 11-12 years ago.
icon_smile.gif

Grabbed it! Didn't bother with bargaining, just gave them the $50. Had some more people coming at 6:30, so I left work and drove 30 miles to get it (so add $8 gas to get it
icon_biggrin.gif
)

I can't believe how good condition it is. The kettle itself only has one tiny little ding, blue paint is bright with no scratches or anything.

No rust that I can see. Just the usual gunk and ask inside, Going to get it nice and clean before I use it. Needs a new grate, but I would have done that anyway (don't like cooking on other people grates for some reason).

I'm surprised at the condition after 10 years. They said it's been under the cover and I believe them. So just a little touch up, a new grate, and it's ready to go. Save $100 over a new OTG, going to use that and get a EZ Que rotisserie.

Thanks guys, you guys are awesome with the Weber knowledge.

QUESTION: What do you guys recommend to clean gunk of the kettle? I also want to clean it off my WSM, so the strongest baddest easiest cleaner is what I'm looking for. I bought something from BBQ Galore but after scrubbing my arm off, it didn't work too well on the inside of my WSM. I don't want to go through that again. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back