Lamb, Duck, Salmon recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff lowe

TVWBB Super Fan
I am a newbie BBQer. I am looking for recipes with duck, salmon, and lamb as I love those cuts of meat. Any help appreciated.

Hi Jeff, and welcome to the bulletin board!

These meats are less popular for BBQ than most, so you may get a limited response, especially on the duck.

Regarding lamb, the only info we have to date is what's posted in the "Lamb Sirlion" topic, which you've probably already read by now.

Regarding salmon, there's a detailed topic on the Web site based on Jim Minion's Cardog BBQ Team recipe. There are also a couple of recipes posted here on the BB. Click "search" at the top of the page and search on the term "salmon", making sure to select "all open forums".

Other salmon links:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI> http://www.randyq.addr.com/albacore/smoking_fish.htm
<LI> http://biggreenegg.com/recipes/seafood/salmon-dijon-bourbon-glaze.htm
<LI> http://www.3men.com/smoked.htm

[/list]

Regards,
Chris

[This message has been edited by Chris Allingham (edited 05-01-2001).]

Hey Jeff:

I'm with ya all the way! Those are definitely three of my favorite kinds of meats/fish. Try our website, www.weber.com and go to the Recipe section. We've got great recipes like the one for Cider Glazed Duck.

I'm a big fan of NOT doing duck inside the house because of the strong aroma, so the grill's perfect.

Hope this helps you out.

Weber Dave

Good morning Jeff:
Welcome to the VWB 'club', one of the premiere, most useful chat sites in all of the Internet world thanks to Chris and the other users! Although (other than duck) these are meats that I do not regularly cook, I have seen (and have even borrowed marinades from) many really good-looking recipes for smoking these types of meat in the following recipe books:
1. Sublime Smoke by the Jamisons
2. Smoke and Spice by the Jamisons
3. Smoke-It by Paul Kirk
All of the above are excellent 'smoking' recipe books that I'd recommend. Here's wishing you have half as much fun and success as I have with the WSM.
?..John

A lamb glaze that has worked very well:
A can of apple juice concentrate
couple of oz of jalapino jelly
4 to 6 cloves of pressed garlic
combine and simmer until reduced by
half.
Glaze in the last 15 minutes of the cook.
Jim

What is the suggest internal on these meats? I would think lamb would be low 160? and duck 180? would be close to chicken and salmon about 150? Just a newbie here trying to get information!

Thanks to all!!

Hi Jeff:

I'd bump down all those temperatures by at least 10 degrees. And remember not to take the meat off AT the temperature you want, but instead 5-10 degrees BEFORE the finished temperature you want. As meat rests it continues to cook.

So for an example, if you want a duck to finish at 165 degrees - take it off the grill or smoker at 155 degrees and tent it with foil for 20-30 minutes.

This goes for anything you cook or grill or smoke. It comes with practice, but thinner items will usually only come up 5 degrees - while a roast or turkey may come up 10 degrees. At least that's my experience.

Keep at it cause it's an art - not science!

Weber Dave

[This message has been edited by Dave Estrem (edited 05-03-2001).]

Whoops...it's almost 3:00am and I hit too many buttons. Sorry

P.S. Jim Minion: Love that Lamb glaze recipe...anything with Jalapeno jelly is good by me. Any more word on your event schedule for this summer?

Weber Dave

[This message has been edited by Dave Estrem (edited 05-03-2001).]

Thanks everyone!! I will listen to all of your suggestions! Dave I like your ideas on the temperature to go lower so I guess the juice will stay in. I like it moist myself!! Thinking of doing a turkey breast next.

Jeff
I would stay with 150? on the salmon, but
it depends on what moisture content you are looking for in the salmon.
Dave
Being a new event it has taken a little longer to put it together, looks like it's starting to happen. I'll be in contact soon.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back