BBQ Gloves

For hot work use welding gloves-hardware, HD or welding supply.

Some use coated gloves for food handling, that's a different issue.

Some people swear by plain cotton gloves underneath latex gloves for handling hot butts, etc. The cotton gives enough insulation for short exposures to the heat of cooked food. I have some PVC coated gloves (something like these) which work okay, but usually I don't wear gloves at all - tongs, a very large spatula, and two big forks (for pulling pork) keep my hands out of the food completely.

Steve - for handling the fire chimney, go to Lowe's or HD and get some fireplace gloves. I also have some PVC gloves like the ones Larry had posted.

I use some really good gloves from www.texasbbqrub.com
icon_cool.gif

i love my ove gloves! they are kevlar with silicone grip areas on them. i wouldn't go back to a mitt.

I have some Steve Raichlen (sp?) gloves. there good but I think there "luggy" and when greasy you cant even get em off, no joke! Litterally have to step on the fingers w/ your shoe sometimes, totally serious, there that slippery from the wrist part forward to the fingers!
icon_biggrin.gif

Dan - I hear ya on those slippery gloves. Have some paper towels handy when you take off to grab the finger portion.

Dan

Back