Silver B running very hot

Al Silverman

TVWBB Pro
Hi All,

It was time to replace my aging Genesis 1000. I really wanted to spring for a new EP 310 but I was able to get ahold of a slightly used 2003 Silver B Premium LP.

I cleaned it up, replaced the regulator, the flavorizer bars, got PCI grates and even swapped the ugly green lid for my still pristeen red one. It looks brand new. However, when I fired it up it on HHH it pegged the therm. I checked the therm and it was fine showing around 212° in boiling water. I tried setting it to MOM, which used to get me around 325°, but this baby still pegs the therm. I got a new oven therm to check the temps but it also was pegged past 550°.

With one burner on LOW I'm getting 300°+ With three burners set to LOL I'm getting around 400°. I have confirmed these temps with three other therms and all are within 10° of each other.

Anyone have a similar situation with their Weber gas grills? What temps do you guys get with the typical settings of LOL, MOM, MMM, etc?

Al

Al,

My Genesis pegs the thermometer with HHH, but if I put all burners on the lowest setting, I can get it cooled down toabout 225 degrees. This takes a while and I usually set the burners to low and then open the cover to let the heat escape. It is hard to get from 550 to 225 with the lid closed and all the residual heat in the cover and body of the grill.

Ray

Ray,
I'm not talking about cooling down from HHH. If I light the grill and just set it to LOL it slowly comes up to temp and settles in around 410°. With just one burner set to L it slowly comes up and settles in around 300°.

Al

Back