Yet another Craig's List find

Tom A.

TVWBB Member
I scored a 2 year old Q200 that came with a cart, a full 20# tank and hose adapter for $30.

I figured the full tank alone was worth $45.

It was posted for $40 but when I got there the paint on the the Q lid was chipping off in a few places. I offered $30 and the deal was done.

A quick call the Weber CS to see if the lid was still under warranty... Bingo! New lid is in route.

I'll post pics soon.

So here is a pic of the original lid. You can see where the paint was flaking off.
P1010038.jpg

I didn't take a pic of the cooking grate in its original condition lest I turn everyone on this forum to vegans. It was pretty disgusting.

This is what I found when I tried to fire it up the first time.
P1010037.jpg

For some reason the previous owners placed charcoal briquettes in the burner area. I'm assuming that they supplemented the heat with charcoal due to the known issues with using the grill with a 20# tank. Maybe this was why the paint was failing.

I removed about 5 pounds of gunk from the bottom shell and scrubbed the burner and igniter. After treating the grate with EasyOff this is was the result.
P1010040.jpg

Last pic is the cleaned grill with the new lid.
P1010039.jpg

Great deal there. Regarding the problem of not heating up. With the 20# tank, when you turn the valve on the big tank, turn it very slowly, allow up to 10 sec. to open the whole way. that way the ck. valve inside will not get overloaded with a quick burst of propane. Hope this helps and enjoy.

Back