Minnesota Wild Rice Sausage

David Payne

TVWBB Member
Does anyone have a recipe for Minnesota Wild Rice Sausage? I have heard it mentioned a few times but see no such recipes. I wonder if it is similar to Boudin in Louisiana? I am not talking about wild rice and sausage recipes. Any help or comments are appreciated.

It is similar to boudin though without the organ meat kick. It's fresh, as you know I'm sure, not smoked or cooked - though you can cook by smoking or not.

You can get it in Clear Lake (are you in Minn?) from McDonald's. I don't know if they ship but Google and see. You could then figure it out from there. I have only had it once - there, in Clear Lake. Never have seen a recipe for it.

Hey McDonald's in Clear Lake is one of the places we stop every year when we head out for our family fishing trip. Great butcher shop with lots of varieties of snack sticks and jerkies. I will have to pick some of these wild rice sausages to try this year.

I have no clue about Wild Rice Sausage. I live in Alabama. While discussing sausage with some folks, Wild Rice Sausage came up. I tried to find a recipe and this is undoubtedly a well kept secret. I was hoping for help from maybe folks in the area that have eaten it or actually have made it. It can't be that much of a secret.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You can get it in Clear Lake (are you in Minn?) from McDonald's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kevin, the extent of your travel never ceases to amaze me. I live about 20 minutes away from Clear Lake and drive past McDonalds Meats every time I visit my parents. Good to know you've spent a little time up here in the Land of 10,000 Lakes.

Sure have.

Right now I'm in Grand Junction, Colo. Soon to go out walking to see the downtown area and, I hope find some good food.

Grab some stuff at McDonald's the next time you go.

Back