Pulled Pork Taquitos

Mike Chavez

TVWBB Fan
For a change I took some good pulled pork cooked with a southwestern rub consisting of chilie powder, chipolte powder, cumin, turbano sugar, oregano, and salt. Cooked @ 235 to 250 for 15 hours. Using 3 apple and 1 hickory chunks. After pulling pork set aside. Soften some corn tortillas by placing in hot oil for about 15 seconds on each side and stacking on paper towels. Place small ammount of pork in the middle of a tortilla and roll tightly. Hold together with tooth pick. Pan fry untill just lightly browned. Be sure to season with salt as they come out of the pan. I like to use Pace Pecante sauce or guacamole for diping. I made these for my friends birthday party this past weekend and they got gobbled up as quick as I could make em.

I took a potato and diced it into 1/2 inch cubes, chopped a little onion, garlic, and added some chili powder, cumin, and oregano and sauteed. When almost done added pulled pork and a little chicken stock. Simmered for about 10 minutes and made tacos. Added some shredded cheese, lettuce, tomato, and hot sauce to taste. Pretty good.

I'm going to try the same thing with enchiladas next time.

Bruce

Sounds good bruce. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I also made tamales with the pulled pork. Too good !! Enchaladas would be jammin. Please post results. Although I know that you just cant beat BBQ pork any way you fix it.

Hey Mike,
I made your taquitos a little while ago. My favorite salsa, cold beer, hot taquitos, football, I was one happy camper! Thanks man.
Dave

Hey Dave I'm glad you enjoyed them.They are also awsome with beef. I just may make em again this week end. I'm kind of suprised that you can get corn tortillas all the way up in Canada. I guess good food has no boundries. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Hi Mike, It surprises me all the time the things we can get up here and then the things we can't. No problem with quality Mexican ingredients like chipotle in adobo, tomatillo's or dried and powdered chili's. But try to find Johnsonville brats, packers cut brisket, Wylers bullion, Swanson broths on and on...nada!
Dave

Dave, you want Usinger's brats instead of Johnsonville (but you probably can't find them either)...!

Back