Spitjack Injector

Darrin Vasseur

Hello all....Just got my spitjack...the needle is thick. Anyone ever have a problem with it leaving holes in the meat.I am worried about brisket the most...TY

yes sir.

Got a farm/ag store near you? You can pick up syringes and needles for livestock. They are really cheap and work great for brisket (needles are a bit short for pork, but pulling hides the holes). The needles are fairly fine gauge so don't put anything chunky in your inject (not sure why anyone would, especially someone worried about marking their meat with holes).

the best part is when the clerk at the farm store needs to get the key to open the needle case. They are always curious what someone might be doing with them.

Interesting Darrin. I bought one from spitjack years ago and it has a set of needles with it. Don't always have to use the thick one. Might have been an add on accessory when I bought it, not sure.

I actually like the larger one for marinades that are not clear or strained. The smaller needles can block up otherwise.

Can't say that when using the thicker one it caused any problems.

I have seen the same design injector at other meat packer/charcuterie supplies that have different size needles. You might want to shop around if you can't get them from spitjack.

I'm assuming you are talking about the heavy duty one with "pistol" style handle, not the syringe type?

I do recall seeing syringe type with a set of needles as well from other sources.

I only used it on turkey and I don't compete. So I'm not the best person to ask on that specific, sorry.

Back