weber summit platinum b4 OR genesis EP 320

Rob

TVWBB Fan
I'm looking for a natural gas weber. I can get a clearance summit b4 for 800 dollars. The ep320 with delivery and tax will cost me about the same... Should I go for the summit?

Go for the Summit!

The burners go from front to back instead of from side to side.

You can grill on half if you want. You have a little bigger cooking space I think.

The EP320 is an E320 with stainless grills and flavor bars.

The Summit might also have higher BTU's, but I'm not certain on that.

I agree. I have a summit Gold D6 and bought it because of the burners going from front to back. I just don't like the sideways burners, but that's JMO.
icon_smile.gif

Rob
The Summit is a higher spec'd model, higher BTU out put and a little easier to cook on without having to do too much seting up for indirect, The Summit is deeper but narrower. Does it come with the SS rods - they are my choice over PCI, however I know many on this board may disagree. I like them as they hold the heat just as well as the PCI but are much easier to keep clean and release the meat easier.

Both the Summit and the Genesis are wonderful to cook on and will out last most others on the market.
It has been my experience that most owners of high end BBQs change them jjust to get the latest model not because the BBQ is broken whereas the cheap models are discarded because they are broken or the owner is sick of the BBQ not producing the results that the owner would expect out of a BBQ.

Regards

Back