Michael S.

TVWBB Member
I won a raffle and have a choice of the following Weber gas grills:

Spirit SP-310
Genesis E-310
Genesis EP-310
Genesis E-320
Genesis S-310

They are priced between $500-$700 and I am allowed $1000 total in merchandise so I could go for a less expensive model and use the remaining money for other items. Any opinions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike,

Thanks - I don't use gas either; never have. I just figured this was a chance to try it out. I have four Weber charcoal grills.

What kind of a place is it, that you can use the rest for accesories?

Since you are a charcoal man, maybe don't necessarily get the biggest, but the best one of these at a size that will work for you on those occasions you want to use gas.

And use the rest of your winnings for good accessories you are needing.

I figured someone would jump in with a reccomendation by now.

As a devout Charcoal guy, the only reason I could ever justify a gasser was for the added side burner, that being said, I would recomend the 320
icon_cool.gif

Congratulations!!!!
All that you mention are 3 burners units which is a major plus for indirect cooking. I would probably go to Weber's site and choose the one that has the greater cooking area and the most BTU's for higher heat.

If you do want the side burner, your only choice would be the E-320. I've never had a side burner. I guess the S-310 may be the most expensive, but since you get to use the extra $s, it might not be what you want. I'm such a big fan of PCI grates, I'd probably go with the E-310.

What a wonderful delemma !

Paul

Paul - I think I want the PCI grates, too. Doesn't that mean I should choose the E-320 or do they both have them? The catalog I am looking at is confusing.

Thanks.

Both the E-310 and the 320 have PCI grates. The 320 has the side burner. Check the Weber site.

Paul

Finally got the 320 and put it together yesterday. Quite a project to put one of these together, but everything fit nicely. Tested it out on some kielbasa (sauerkraut on the side burner). Awesome grill.

Finally got the 320 and put it together yesterday
Michael,

Congratulations! You will really be glad you got the side burner as there are so many unexpected uses for it. I use mine when we have hurricanes and the electricity goes out. I also use it frequently to cook bacon (keeps the grease outside) and the aroma on my deck is fantastic - there is something about the smell of bacon outside that appeals to me (with a good cup of Starbucks).

Enjoy your new purchase.

Ray

I'm a little late seeing this thread; you've undoubtedly made your choice by now. But for what it's worth, I'd get the EP310. Most people don't use the side burners so I wouldn't get a 320. The enameled hood is as good as stainless and is probably easier to keep nice looking. The EP has the solid rod stainless grates and stainless flavorizors, and these are better then the procelain bars.

And congrats on your win.

Wayne, I have to disagree, Side burners are imperative. I cannot belive all the uses I have found for mine, from lighting a charcoal chimney, to frying fish outside, to keeping grilling sauces warm. Also, porcelain covered grates are a Godsend. They heat evenly and are easy to clean. Michael, you made the right choice.

My in-laws just picked up an EP-320 awhile back and they use the side burner a lot to steam corn instead of heating up the kitchen.

I recently bought an E-320 because I wanted the PCI grates. Never had a side burner and haven't used this one yet. However, it will really come in handy during a power outage created by a hurricane ... HOPE I never get to use that side burner !!

Paul

Back