Burner Problem

G

I recently bought a used Genesis 1000 and I am having a problem with the burners. On high they work great. The grill reaches 500 - 550 in under 10 minutes. However on Medium, the Front turns off and the middle is barely on. The Back seems to operate fine. On Low, the frontcomes back on and the middle increases and appears to work OK. Again, the back seems to work fine.

I have replaced the burners with a new set from weber and I have the same response. When I ordered the burners, I didn't quite understand why the burners would cause this problem, but I ordered them anyway. Weber suggested I try it.

Does this sound like a manifold problem or the regulator? Is there anyway to rebuild the manifold?

I really appreciate the help and I am starting to feel like I have been had buying this used grill.

Your luck sounds like my luck. My guess would be that the manifold is not functioning properly to at least 2 of the burners. They're not a maintenance item so there may be some internal corrosion - don't know if they can be cleaned.

I would call Weber and tell them that when you first explained the problem you got pointed in the wrong direction with new burners. Maybe they'll give you a break on the costs of a new manifold...?

Paul

yeah, the valves have 5 holes (low, med-low, med, med-high and high).
if any of these are plugged or suffering some type of corrosion, then likely get the problem you are facing.
i wouldn't think it's the regulator if you can get low and high temps ok.
the burners wouldn't be the problem either if they all work fine on high.

try taking the valves (manifold) off and seeing if a local shop can blow them out with compressed air - blown out on all settings

if that doesn't work, consider a new manifold.

Cheers!

Thanks for the help. I used compressed air and it is working like a champ. I had thought of this earlier, but was worried it would do more damage than good.

Thanks again.
Jim

Back