Finally famous (almost)

Hey, check it out, I'm quasi-famous. Third pic down on the left side. This must have been taken at about 8:30 Saturday morning. I'm getting the chimney going for the OTG that I cook chicken in. It was about 40 degrees out and I was cold. I truly bombed that brisket.

My neighbor to my left in the picture had some MIGHTY good mason jar antifreeze.

Comp Pics

Russ

Congratulations.

I'm in there, too. 4th picture down on the right. The old guy with the beard cleaning my fingers after some ribs (I think that's ribs?).

At least you didn't have to share your picture with someone else.
icon_smile.gif

Are you going to be competing in Dundee this weekend?

BOB

To bad bout the brisket. But aslong as you had a fun event thee is only one winner. Man would i love to try one of those comps. Even if i were dead last i would enjoy it.

Not cooking it but I did get an email yesterday asking me to judge it. I'm trying to get into Winter Haven for my next cook but if I don't make it then the next one will be Haines City.

I think I met you Saturday morning! Didn't you ride with Tony, Rick, and Wendy? You've got that item for sale I believe.

Russ

Hi Russ, Looking at that pic, I noticed your set up on the ramp door of the trailer, very nice. I too have an enclosed trailer that I use in competitions. I was wondering where you got that zippered door for the back of the trailer, it looks like two half walls for an EZUP. The reason I'm asking is I would like to do the same thing to my trailer. Thanks

It's called 'Add-A-Wall', I ordered it through a local RV place. Took about 15 minutes to install. It really works great. So far I've seen as high as much as 20 degree difference from inside to outside with the flaps down.

It can be ordered online from several places. Here's one:

Add A Wall

Russ

Somebody sent this to me. I completely forgot about doing this interview.

Comp Video

I'm the guy in the green shirt. They asked if they could come in while we were getting the pork processed for turn-in.

I'm on my way to being a legend in my own mind!

Russ

Back