Brine Cured Boneless Pork Loin

Tom Barineau

TVWBB Super Fan
This is a follow-up to a topic I posted 12-10-03 on the General Questions & Recipe Request Forum. Chris' thread in his reply got me headed in the right direction. If you don't like ham you will not like this recipe. The following is what worked for us:

4-5 lb. Boneless Pork Loin

Mix brine as follows:

1 1/2 cups Table Syrup (We used cane syrup)
1/2 cup Honey
1/2 cup Morton Tender Quick
1 quart water

Mix brine and inject 3-4 oz. into center of loin from one end to the other. (Larger loin would probably call for more.) Put loin in brine and refrigerate at 36-40 degrees for five days. Take out and pat dry and let it seek room temperature while getting the WSM set up.

Use 1/2-3/4 ring unlit coals and top them with about 1/2 chimney lit coals.

Cook at about 260 degrees and pull it at 155 degrees. Took a little over 2 hours and turned out very moist, tasty, and easy to slice. Cut into 3/4" to 1" thick slices and reheat on a grill and these are excellent, or slice them thinner and heat in a frying pan or griddle.

Tom /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Hey Tommy I used your recipe for the brine without the honey and also a bit more water and they sat for 6 days I injected them as much as they would hold for day 4 and on day 6.
I didnt wash off the brine or anything. Straight on the smoker. Cooked at about 230 and pulled at 153. My wife loved them and you know how picky she is.

Back