Amazon out of old style WSM?

Robert Terry

TVWBB Fan
My christmas present is going to be a WSM, finally! I want to purchase it through the links here at the site, but they link me to a page offering one for $249 plus $35 shipping from a hardware store and not directly from Amaazon????

Check it again tomorrow or the next day. Amazon often employs unusual "marketing strategies".

I'll do that. I just checked the link again tonight, and did a search on their site. The one and only listing is the one I mentioned from an outside vendor. Crazy!

I was debating whether to wait for the new model, but really would not want to spend more than $250 for the 2009 model. I wonder when/if they will drop the asking price. I've been waiting over a year for the disposable income to buy a wsm, don't know if I want to wait six more months or longer...

yeah, looks like they're out. I haven't seen Amazon as a vendor for the past 2 weeks (or so)--Looking for a good deal on a WSM for my dad.

Kevin H.

I hope that situation changes. The only listed vendor today is now $279 plus $30 shipping! I'd be better off pre-buying the new model.

I hope the advent of the new model does not preclude continuing sales of the old model at the $200 price point. I've been looking forward all year to the wsm as a christmas present, but my budget is $200...

Oh, it changed alright Robert! It is now well over $300! I think I bought the last one from Grady's Ace Hardware right before you looked! They shipped it yesterday! Ha, A "bargain" at $290 delivered!

Originally posted by Robert Terry:
I've been looking forward all year to the wsm as a christmas present, but my budget is $200...
Some True-Value Hardware stores carry them. I bought mine at a True Value back in 02. Call around and ask if they have one in stock. Good luck.
icon_smile.gif

Holy Crap! The link today is to the old style weber for $339 plus over $60 in shipping??? Why wouldn't somebody buy the new model for $299 shipped free?

Originally posted by Robert Terry:
Holy Crap! The link today is to the old style weber for $339 plus over $60 in shipping??? Why wouldn't somebody buy the new model for $299 shipped free?
I doubt they'll sell many at that price.
BTW, "old style Weber" is politically incorrect. How about "WSM Classic"?
icon_biggrin.gif

Back