Rib recipes for 1st time ribs

Chuck O

Looking to possibly bang out another smoke this weekend, it is supposed to be in the 70's up here in the great northeast! Looking to please the wife with some ribs. What is a great rib recipe & how should it be done? I know to each hid own but I am looking fir a little advice. Thanks guys!

Hey Chuck,
I'll second the BRITU recipe. I tried it out for my first rib smoke a couple of weeks ago and everyone said they were the best ribs they'd ever eaten.

Some people seem to think the rub is too salty, so you might consider cutting back on the salt a little bit.

Nick

Chuck,

I use the Dry Rub Ribs recipe from Weber's Big Book of Grilling. Every time I try to use any other recipe my family implores me to stay or go back to the dry rub they love. Also, I get "best ever" comments from the many people I've cooked these ribs for, so I suggest you consider that recipe. If you don't have it I can give you the rub recipe. Good luck.

Would you mind posting the above recipe ,im very interested to see which recipe comes out top,s on this post ,i myself like the britu one with a touch less salt aswell.

Is it the salt or the MSG that makes it too salty? Or a combo of both? Do you guys use the MSG? I have never seen it before.

MSG? I have never seen it before. Accent has it in it. I stay away from MSG.

I go a little lighter on the salt as well.

My recipe for spare ribs.
1. Trim St. Louis style.
2. Spinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Smoke in WSM.
4. Remove from WSM.
5. Apply sauce.
6. Put back in WSM.
7. Remove from WSM after 20 minutes.
Works every time for me.

The "Competetion Ribs" recipe from this site is amazing. The BRITU looks good too, but I haven't tried that one yet. I, too, would forgo the MSG.

Back