smoking sausages

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi!
I would like to know is it possible to smoke sausages on the WSM? If so, what method would be recommended? Thanks.

Bridgette

Good afternoon Bridgette..I've smoked Bratwurst (mostly to be used as an appetizer) on several occasions with great success thanks to my trusty WSM! Every time so far I've used cherry wood chunks that have given the sausages the sweetest flavor. Time wise, I usually take them off soon after approximately two hours which I have found to be OK especially since I want pork to be fairly 'well done'. Most of the time I've used Johnsonville Beer and Brat sausages but lately I have converted to just a standard bratwurst applying Willie's Wonderful Rub (found in the Jamison's Smoke and Spice recipe book) using a hot mustard as a dip. Here's to happy smoking and your success?John

Hi,

I've done a variety of sausages on the WSM, including brats, cajun, and Swedish potato sausages. Two hours at 225-250*F seems to be about right for normal-sized sausages. I'd suggest oak, apple, cherry, or a mix as a good choice for smoke wood.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back