Second time on the kettle

Chuck Simon

TVWBB Pro
I promise I will not post everytime I use my grill.
icon_razz.gif
I just wanted to let everyone know that I used my kettle again tonight for pork chops. I used a full chimney of coals and it came out wonderful thanks to everyone's suggestions.
icon_smile.gif
This site is awesome! There are a lot of experts on here that give great info to newbies like me. Thank you again!!!!!

Hey Chuck - You can post on here anytime and as often as you want. Just a little word of caution though. You might be approaching this just a little too cautiously with your wife. In your first post you said your wife might not understand needing a kettle? I noticed you are from IL and it's cold in that part of the country right now my friend. You might get better mileage out of this thing by telling her now that you are pushing a "Macho" kettle in Cold Country maybe she will soften up and suggest a WSM as company for the little guy. Wives can be awfully sweet with the right approach. lol. Happy smoking to you. Bob B

Glad to hera you are getting the hang of it Chuck. Down here in Central IL, it is dang cold too, but I did a Tri-Tip last night and it was amazing, as they always are. Once your wife gets completely on board with the kettle, the WSM will be an easy sell. I have four kettles and a WSM, soon to add a 22" WSM to my arsenal, and when the food comes off my little black beauties, I could ask for just about anything I want!

Third times a charm Chuck.. So whatcha gonna make next ??
icon_smile.gif

The real beauty of a kettle is how well it works in cold weather. May I suggest you try an indirect cook with a roast, or even a meatloaf..

Tim

Once I get braver with the kettle, I will venture into making some other things. Right now I am going to stick with the basics, steaks, chicken breasts, porkchops and burgers. I have always wanted to que ribs, but have not done it. I promise I will this summer, if I can wait that long. Then I will be posting some pics on here. Timothy, you are in the next town over from me, maybe it is a couple of towns over. Oswego gets in the way of Montgomery. My mom lives in Montgomery also.

I forgot to add that it has been in the 20's here. I thought my neighbors would think I am crazy for grilling out in this cold weather, but when I took out the garbage tonight, I smelled someone was out grilling tonight. I guess I am not the only one out there in this cold weather.

Cold is never a problem. Wind, rain, sleet, snow, blizzards, etc can be. We had over 20" of snow from last Wed-Sun, still smoked on Saturday and grilled on Sunday. And pics are always good to post.

Chuck, Im down here in Springfield and I grill/smoke all the time in the winter
icon_smile.gif
Its my way to pretend we dont live in this wonderful state.

Originally posted by Chuck Simon: Timothy, you are in the next town over from me, maybe it is a couple of towns over. Oswego gets in the way of Montgomery. My mom lives in Montgomery also.
Yep per Chuck, I've got quite a few family and friends that live out your way.
Been working in the Plainfield, Joliet area alot in the past 25 yrs. The last build was a bank on Rt 30 and 135th last year.
Next time you go and visit your mom, keep an eye out for my smoke signals. I'm right along the Fox River in Boulder Hill, I'll have a cold one waitin for ya..
icon_wink.gif

Tim

Next time you go and visit your mom, keep an eye out for my smoke signals. I'm right along the Fox River in Boulder Hill, I'll have a cold one waitin for ya..
icon_wink.gif

Tim[/QUOTE]

Tim, I live right off of 119th and 30. Next time I am out by my mom's, I will definately look for the smoke signals. Thanks!

Back