Iowa Chop on a record warm Iowa day

65 degrees was the high today! I, as most of us grill year-round, but this was my first in shorts and a tee in January watching the geese flying north.
020.jpg

I haven't posted much lately, my beloved Maggie May passed away; she was my grilling partner
335.jpg

Chop w/Weber Sweet & Tangy, par-boiled sweet tater, zuke w/Tuscan oil, breadsticks, adult beverage
021.jpg

022.jpg

Plated.
026.jpg

025.jpg

New guardian o'the grill.
024.jpg

The chop was very moist. The best part, it was a two-pack and the other one looks even better. The tater had good char/crust and I added a little turbinado (sp)? sugar.

Thanks for lookin'

Pat I am SO sorry to hear of the passing of your Baby Girl Maggie. How many years did you get with her?I truly know how you feel, we lost one of our little guys the Sunday before Christmas, our kitty Yody was 18 years and 3 months. We miss him dearly and it still hurts today and am sure it will for some time. We never will forget the good times. Print and frame some photos and it helps to keep their spirit alive.

Great looking meal Hammy! You haven't lost your touch. Your new grill guardian must be part chameleon, he seems to perfectly match the side table.

Sorry to hear about your golden..I am a golden person too and I know great these dogs can be.and how special they are to their owners.
From the color of her face I can tell you had lots of great years with her...
icon_smile.gif

I hope another one finds you soon!

Sorry to hear of your loss, I have a Maggie May too that just turned 13. She has been with us ever since she was 3 months old. Best dog I have ever had the pleasure of having. I am dreading the day when here day comes, she is such a big part of our family.

Thanks everyone; I inherited Maggie after her mother, my fiance' passed away last November. Mags was 13, Penny was 45. Obviously, I miss them both more than anything. Maggie May passed one year and a day after Pen. At least they are together now.

Hammy,

So sorry to hear of Penny and Maggie's passing. My prayers go out to you. Great cook. I'm sure both of them were right there with you for the whole thing.

My deepest condolences Patrick.

Sylvester looks very capable of standing guard
icon_wink.gif

Nice lookin' dinner plate!

A beautiful pup and a good lookin meal! Also a golden owner...I'll give Archie an extra scratch behind the ear for Maggie May!

65° and shorts? That is the time I break out the Parka and long-johns. Chops look great and your new grill guardian looks up to the job.

Back