Accoutrements II

Donald (the wizard of 1/2" conduit) inspired me with his WSM lid hanger. So I had to have one.
Go here, here and here to see pics. I welded about a foot of 1/2" gas pipe to a piece of my old garage door opener track (never throw anything away mod). I then took an old electric fence post and fashioned it into a sheperds hook. The non-hook end slides into the gas pipe and is not fastened, allowing it to swivel. It's lag bolted to the back of the table. I like that I can hang a lid, and swivel it out of the way over the top of the other WSM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I welded... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Therefore, I yield to thee, Harbormaster, hanger KING!

Now, that's a hanger.

Does it creak real loud when you move the lid over?

Donald

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul K:
Why the raised platform? Is it a more comfortable working height? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep. It's about 18" and I don't have to be bent over to do charcoal, water, etc...

That's a good idea. I have a friend who modified an old card table with pvc legs and hose clamps to adjust the height; he uses it to clean fish on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Donald:

Does it creak real loud when you move the lid over?

Donald </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not now, but it might when it starts to rust.
BTW, I may have welded, but I did not weld well. (Angle grinder mod)

What's the history on the WSM with the black door and, looks like a wooden handle on the lid?

Donald

Back