Exterior Cleaning Of Weber Genesis

Bob Pross

Hello Everyone
I own a Genesis C grill I usally clean it during every use with a damp soft cloth this creates steam and generally removes grease.

However one the top lid behind the drill I have some stubborn grease I just cant seem to cut through and a little on top too. This weekend I tried a friends steam cleaner that only helped a little.
I just want to keep this grill looking great for many years to come. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Bob

Bob H.
Thanks for the suggestion but I dont think a pressure washer would cut through it unless it was a steam pressure.

has any one used any type of oven cleaner or strong chemical on the exterior of the grill??
Bob

Bob

I use oven cleaner on the porcelain without any problem. It will depend on the type of oven cleaner that you have available where you are. The one I use it not as aggressive as some and sometimes needs 2 goes to remove all the grease.
Please note - Weber do not recommend using oven cleaner to clean their products.
Do not use the oven cleaner on the aluminium sides of the genesis, it is too aggressive and will discolour the paint.

If you are unsure test t6he cleaning chemical on a small area on the inside before using on the outside.

Regards

Paul
Thank you for the reply
Maybe I will try a less hazordus product being carful not to touch any aluminium.
just spray on a rag and work into problem areas
What is the brand name of what you have tried?
Bob

Bob
I don't know if it is available in the USA, it is called BAM 5 Minute Oven Cleaner.

I have used petrol in the past on another brand of BBQ, I made sure everything was turned off, removed the igniter, and scrubbed it, in the middle of the back yard, with a rag soaked in petrol. I then let is dry for an hour or so and then washed it with soap and a high pressure hose. It worked but took a lot of time and effort.

Regards

I've used oven cleaner in the past on my Genesis and it worked extreamly well. Just sprayed it on and all the baked-on goo just wiped off after about five minutes. Weber says don't use it, but I have had no problems. I'm always careful not to overspray. Weber also recommended that I do not drill anything at all into the WSM because of rusting; I've done that also and have not had any problems.

Ken

Back