New year Prep. (crown roast) Complete.

Wolgast

TVWBB Olympian
Ok just rubbed the pork loin(crown roast prepped) with a garlic/herb paste.

Now its resting cool and waiting to be grilled for tonights dinner.

8 Lb of pure love.

Update #1

Sides Prepped: Spears wraped with Prosciutto. Cream/bacon/leek filled shroom hats. And a potatoes au gratin. Everything is resting waiting to be cooked. shrooms and gratin will be cooked in the oven.

Never been to this butcher before. And when i asked him bout a crown roast and showed him some pics he said i will do my best. He took out a half pig and started carving. It was his first time and i think he cut a little deep between the chops. But then again i think it will be good. This is what you se when standing by the counter. And he did all the carving infront of me. Feels "honest" in a way.

Now we just need to prep the salad and we are set.

Uppdate #2

Well i tied it to a crown. Not really happy with the resault. The chops are a bit "flimsy". But if i can get this one on the grill in a good position i hope it will firm up and not just tilt the most flimsy chops. And i still dont know if im gonna take away the meat around the bones on the top. Wanna handle the meat as little as possible. Would look better...but...humm?

Cooking time is what im worried about. Sinse the cut between the chops is so deep im guessing 1 h @ 350? The every chop is huge. Will be pulled @ 140f. Wanna time it with the rest of the food. A well we will se.(If any one have anything to say about the cooking time...Now is the time to say it)
icon_wink.gif

Update #3

Well i did clear the bones anyway. And i did it tied up. Not perfect but better.(if you have another oppinion keep it to yourself)
icon_wink.gif

Update#4

Just over 1 hour @ 350,Internal 140f. No smoke,just lump.

Spears with evoo/salt/pepper. Should have added some lemon/lime juice...But dident
icon_razz.gif

Ready to be served. Meat served tableside. But dident even get a pic of that. *blame the beer*

Late night snack.....Cheese!

So how was it?

Humm...Cut up like this i dont really like it. Cooks unevenly and the fat cap inside the roll isnt good. The guessts loved it,But i wasent thrilled. With a normal loin i get PERFECT meat thru out...And i think that is better for a meal then a fancy presentation. But the night in it self was SPECTAULAR! We painted the sky with ART! (Amazing show Patrik! )

Ok 1/1/2012 A heavy hangover what do we do now? Order pizza? Yea..Or bake one? quattro formaggio? We have the cheese...A well i will update you if i cook one.

Love and Respect!

Happy new Crew!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wolgast:

8 Lb of pure love.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i like the way you say that!

looks good.... as always cool pic on the first one.

Man, that's going to be a great meal. Waiting on the updates...

I wish the best for you and the family in the New Year, Daniel.

Awesome! Wish I had a butcher like that. Looks like you and your guests are in for a fine feast.

Happy New Year!

Looks great!

Have you considered threading the string through the chops instead of tying them around the outside? May get them to hold together better.

Sean: i did that with the 2 end chops. But i had to add the ones around to make it a bit more solid.

Oh boy Daniel looks like you and your lucky guests are in for a treat. Hope you remember the evening!
shots.gif
Happy New Year!!!

Beautiful Daniel. Thanks for bringing it! I really love the prep pics, esp. at the butcher. Glad it was a Happy New Year.

w0w!
AMAZING!
That's It Daniel, I'm gonna book two seat to Karlshamn for next end of December and I'm bring an appetite with me!!

Looks great Daniel I know what you mean about presentation I did one of those for Easter and I prefer the loin alone. I can cook those with my eyes shut. Everything looks good though

Thanks ppl!
icon_smile.gif

I was called to start carving....And then get my plate and so on. Really sorry for the missing plated pic.

Back