Guru and 22.5 WSM

I did 4 butts on Tuesday on my new 22 inch using a Guru digiQ II worked like a charm.

The mount is exactly the same as on the 18. Its a four hole vent on the 22 as opposed to a three and because of the placement of the charcoal grate I mounted on the top hole.

Just make sure that the dampers on the wsm are fully closed. I had to bend the tabs back on at least one of each of the dampers (on the WSM) to eliminate the interference from the grill grate preventing the dampers from remaining fully closed.

Started the fire at 10:00 pm up to temp by 11:00 and stayed steady all night long. I did consume more fuel but I doubt thats related to the Guru DigiQII more a component of a larger cooker and 40 mile an hour winds. Temps held steady without refueling until about 4:00pm the next day then we would have needed a little refueling.

10CFM pit Viper fan model 12.340-1
is what it says on the side of it.

Theres no need to get a larger fan. once it got to temps it didn't run excessively.

T

Tom,One question,Is your inside air diffuser above the charcoal grate or below the grate? I've heard both ways already and now I'm not sure how to mount mine. (DigiQII). I talked to Bob at Guru and he said his is about 2" above the grate. But like I said other reports are below the charcoal grate.MIXED UP!!
Thanks Chuck.

Back