OXO can opener

Brad Olson

TVWBB Diamond Member
I've been using an OXO "Good Grips" can opener for a few months now and really like it. It actually separates the rim from the can so that when the lid comes off the rim goes with it, eliminating sharp edges and little pointy shards of metal. I think it was under $30 at Kohl's and since it's OXO it can be found just about anywhere.

Didn't mean to sound like a commercial but it really is a good product. I think it'd be especially good for anyone who doesn't have the best motor skills due to age or illness and shouldn't be messing with a sharp can lid.

Brad

Hey Brad - thanks for the recommendation. I think I'll grab a 20% off coupon for Bed Bath & Beyond and avail myself of one.

Thanks for taking the time to let all of us know when one of us finds something that works well.

I got the Zyliss Safe Edge Can Opener. Zyliss is great and can be gotten at Amazon for like $13 or so. It also opens the lids on the side, has great reviews, is very smooth to operate. Just another option.

Another Thumbs Up! for the oxo can opener from me. I adore it.

The only time i use my old-style can opener now is when i open up cans of tuna, as the oxo opener, because it unseals the lids from the outside, makes the lids larger than the inside diameter of the can so you can't use the lid to squeeze out the water.

aside from that i adore it: no sharp edges and no little shards of metal.

Back