Looking for a Food Processor

D M Sattelberg

TVWBB Member
Anybody have any suggestions on type and size to get... It seems to be between a kitchen aide and Cuisinart.... any thoughts.... what you like/dislike... thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D M Sattelberg:
Anybody have any suggestions on type and size to get... It seems to be between a kitchen aide and Cuisinart.... any thoughts.... what you like/dislike... thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you can spend $50-$2000 on a food processor so it all comes down to what you want to spend and how much you want to use it. HERE is a good home processor.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:

Well you can spend $50-$2000 on a food processor so it all comes down to what you want to spend and how much you want to use it. HERE is a good home processor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this the same unit, except without the extra blade (and for $33 less)?
Link

See this thread for some commentary. Size, power (relative to size), bowl volume, whether other bowls or atachments are included or available, feed tube size, etc., are all possible considerations. The key is what you want it for. I have a KitchenAid Pro model that's 6 years old now. Came with a smaller insert bowl. Love the thing.

Thanks for the input... Thanks for that thread link Kevin. I did do a search, but I must have missed that one... Think Ill go with the KA, Ican get it in Red to match my stand mixer....
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry D.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:

Well you can spend $50-$2000 on a food processor so it all comes down to what you want to spend and how much you want to use it. HERE is a good home processor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this the same unit, except without the extra blade (and for $33 less)?
Link </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes Larry.

We have one of the more "basic" large Cuisineart units.

It is now more than 12 years old, still has plenty of power, and the blades are still very sharp.

We use it to slice, shred, blend, and make pastry dough.

I would highly recommend one - along with the "plain" lid, without the slicer "chute", for chop / blend jobs - it makes clean-up easy.

Back