Smoked Salmon Dip

Jeff S

TVWBB Pro
This recipe is a must try if you like smoked salmon...or even it you don't! I made it for a Christmas Party and it was over the top!

8oz Cream Cheese (Room Temp)
1/2 cup Sour Cream
2Tbsp minced fresh dill
1Tbsp lemon juice
2tsp prepared horseradish, drained
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp coarse black pepper
1/4 cup chopped red onion
6oz smoked salmon

With a mixer, mix cream cheese then add sour cream. Add all other ingredients except salmon. Once mixed, add salmon that has been coarsly chopped. Mixer will do most of the work.

This recipe delicious just like this, but you could add other items if you wished such as olives, capers, shallots, zest, etc.

Well Jeff, here we go again! Based on my experience with your chicken dip this salmon dip has been printed (two copies, one for the recipe file here and the other for Florida) and will be tried next Wednesday when we are having a little drop in X-Mas do here at the house. Will send off comments after that.

BTW I did four days of cooking demos at our Home Depot last week (featuring the new Wolfgang Puck small appliance series) and one day did the chicken dip, must have given the recipe to at least twenty people!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave Wood:
Well Jeff, here we go again! Based on my experience with your chicken dip this salmon dip has been printed (two copies, one for the recipe file here and the other for Florida) and will be tried next Wednesday when we are having a little drop in X-Mas do here at the house. Will send off comments after that.

BTW I did four days of cooking demos at our Home Depot last week (featuring the new Wolfgang Puck small appliance series) and one day did the chicken dip, must have given the recipe to at least twenty people! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dave, we must have similar pallets! Thank you for sharing the recipe with everyone. I love to spread the joy. Let me know what you thought of the salmon. I forgot to tell you that I put this dip in a mold over night and when I serve it, I garnish with fresh dill, and lemon rings. I served it with toast points.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff S:
This recipe is a must try if you like smoked salmon...or even it you don't! I made it for a Christmas Party and it was over the top!

2 8oz Cream Cheese (Room Temp)
1/2 cup Sour Cream
2Tbsp minced fresh dill
2Tbsp lemon juice
1Tbsp prepared horseradish, drained
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp coarse black pepper
1/4 cup chopped red onion
6oz smoked salmon

With a mixer, mix cream cheese then add sour cream. Add all other ingredients except salmon. Once mixed, add salmon that has been coarsly chopped. Mixer will do most of the work.

This recipe delicious just like this, but you could add other items if you wished such as olives, capers, shallots, zest, etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeff,

I'm leaning toward using this recipe on super bowl evening and have a couple questions..

Noticed that the recipe changed since you 1st posted it ~ Was this an error? Is this something in progress or have you settled in on it? Also, I'm thinking about using Chris' "Salmon 2" recipe but was wondering how cold smoked salmon would be .. Your thoughts..
icon_smile.gif

Thanks,

Bill
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back