Amazing Weber Kettle Longevity

Mike Neiner

TVWBB Member
There's got to be some amazing cases of Kettle longevity that has come to the attention of the Weber Co.

Any you can share with us regarding a kettle that experienced steady use over X number of years and was still going strong.

There's no magic in this one. My sister still has an 18 that was my parents when i was about 10.. so that's 30 years right there. Another sister has one from the late 80s that was a wedding gift from a weber employee and relative of her husbands'.

Weber and a ot of the employees keep a peek at garage and estate sales for old oddball weber products.

i think a good part of the longevity is the lack of parts and hardware. once you start using loose hardware to put on handles, grate supports, legs.. those are all points that can and usually eventually fail. especially in weather and heat extremes.

now wood handles can fall apart an things liek that, but really it's always been solid. I'd imagine there has to be a modern finish that can be used on wood, but i've never looked into it.

mike

(no capital letters today)

Back