Rotisserie Motor....

Pete in PG

TVWBB Pro
Bought the Rotisserie for my 22.5 Kettle back in 2001 and have been using it regularly for these many years.... until about a week ago.

The motor unit really balked when plugged in and the gears clearly something was amiss. I turned it off and lightly tapped it against the wall of the garage and it came back on without too much chatter but something was still wrong with it.

I took it apart and used some gear lube on the many gears inside and it now runs quietly and without any gear clatter. Surprisingly very clean inside the unit. I expected a lot of dirt and dust, but there was very little of that.

The gears are predominantly plastic and don't look very worn so maybe the unit just needed a little cleaning and lubrication. I was just about ready to call Weber on a replacement.

Anyone else had this issue?

pete, if your motor's been running good since 2001 and this is the first time you swore at it... you're #@*& lucky!
icon_biggrin.gif

My Weber motor is about 8 years old butt i rarely use it, fits only my gasser set-up and rarely fire up the gasser.

Back