How to cary a SJS?

Paul Chan

TVWBB Member
I just bought one of these badboys... but the other night, trying to walk back to the car from our little spot... it spilt apart in my arms... leaving a big ashy mess

How can you bind these things shut? I coudln't do the whole bungee cord thing properly. Anyone w/ pictures?

Also w/o a one touch, do you guys clean the ash immediately? How do you clean off the ash in the catcher? I just blow mine away
icon_biggrin.gif

you can either buy some parts from weber foe the lid lock or do what i do. i got three 13 in bungees. get good quality ones and not those dollor store ones. then get a split key ring of about an inch or so diameter. now work the key ring through one end of each cord. i just move the hook down but you can cut them off. now ya got three cords. one for each leg. works like a champ. get a small brush for the ash.

Im kinda dense I guess. It took me a while to visualize this, but when I did, it seems like a great way to secure my SJS... Thanks

yea. the end of the cord is looped and stapled. you feed the looped ends through the split key ring, well, any key ring. easy. now the ring is on top of the lid in the middle with the three bungees running down to each leg. so far so good.

Paul,I do the bungee cord thing. A 15" from one leg,through the handle to another leg. Another 12" one from the third leg,through the handle and back to the same leg. Never had a problem.

I picked up 3 13" bungees and just tie them around the legs and hookem together at the top

Works like a charm!

thakns guys

Back