Digi Q II or Genesis E320?

Gary McD

TVWBB Pro
I had the opportuntity of talking to the engineer at Guru today who designed the new unit, and I was really impressed with what he told me about the new model. I really want one, so I don't have to sit in a frigid yard in total darkness checking the temp on my pork butt every 15 minutes. Very lonely place to be in the middle of the night! Therefore, I would like to solicit the members as to what course of action I should take.

My dilemma is that I am planing on buying a genesis E-320 next week,but I can't afford to buy both.

I will make my decision on your responses, because we are all friends aren't we?

Gary, here's my question, do you have a kettle or other charcoal grill?

If yes, then I'd get the Guru. Personally, I rarely use my gasser anymore for anything more than the quick chicken or some veggies. Everything I'm doing these days is on a kettle or WSM. I recently purchased a Stoker and I'm confident I'll be doing more cooks with my WSM now that I can pretty much "set-it and forget-it." Now if you threw the cold climate in there it would be a easy choice.

My buddy Ed C. recently got the Guru and he loves it. Simple to operate, rock solid temps.

Go for it!

EDIT: You know what, you can buy a Guru and a Kettle for the price of an E320, just a thought.

I am with Larry. I too have the Genesis, the kettle and a cermaic smoker. We probably haven't touched the gas unit for 1-2 years. If I need to cook something quick, then we use the kettle. And for long cooks, the smoker with stoker.

Well, I did come to my senses with a lot of help. We really don't need another Weber grill here, because I fear that our neighbors might think that we are grill horders. Subquently, Bill Hays got me into the Guru, and I ordered a DigiQ II unit this morning. I also ordered the Silver Bullet blanket.

Bill also lent me one of his Competitor, which I plan on using tomorrow or Saturday.

Back