Salmon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I am going to cook a salmon filet on the WSM this Saturday. Any suggestions, rubs, etc?
Thanks.

Hi Bruce,
I did an Atlantic Salmon several months ago and it turned out great! I kept it simple so I could relax and not get stressed out during the party. Take some whole garlic and crush it in a garlic press and combine with some olive oil. Smear the garlic olive oil over the fish skin side too, you can use the garlic too if you want but watch out that the garlic does not get too brown during cooking or it will become bitter. Now salt and pepper the whole fish, I also use tyme, oregano, and basil. I used hickory chips for smoke and the flavor was great especially with the fatty meat of the Atlantic Salmon. However you should cut a section of fish after it is done and place it on the side away from your guests. I didn't do this and after setting the fish on the dinner table and covering and making sure everything at the WSM was okay a total of 5 minutes the fish was gone! That happen to me twice, I now know better. You can also combine 1/2 cup of shoy sauce and 1/2 of a lemon and some chili flakes or peppers for some zing and use as a dipping sauce for the salmon. If you want to impress, serve on a bed of carmalized round onions. Hope this helps, Aloha!
biggrin.gif

Hey Bruce
I got this BBQ sauce recipe from a cigar smokin buddy in Alaska. It's pretty simple but good.
? cup catsup
? cup vinegar
1 tsp chopped dried onion
1 TBS worchestershire sauce
2 TBs lemon juice
2 TBS brown sugar
? tsp garlic powder
? tsp seasoned salt
Pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients, cook until it simmers and put on fish.
Good Smokin'
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back