Did anybody try grilling frozen pizza on Q 300??

Erik Markowski

Hi guys, did anybody try grilling frozen thin crust pizza on Q300? I would like to try that but I'm not sure how to do it. Should I defrost pizza first? Should I cook on direct or indirect heat and at what temp? Do I place the pizza on the grates or do I have to buy a pizza stone? The pizza box says put it in the oven at 400 deg for 16-18 min.

Thanks guys for your time.

Erik - Try it and just use the Weber like you would your oven. Same directions - same temps. You don't have to have a pizza stone. You can try it directly on the grill grate - I've seen several pizza cooking articles that suggest that when grilling pizza - or your could try one of the aluminum pizza pans or even parchment paper if it's rated at a high enough temperature.

Give it a try - worst case scenario, you cost yourself a couple of bucks for a frozen DiGiorno - well, perhaps a "Red Baron" would be a better choice for a first try!

I cook Papa Murphy ready-to-bake pizza's on my Kamado Joe almost every Sunday afternoon. I use a pizza stone, and am forever in pursuit of the perfectly crisp crust and slightly browned toppings.

Pat

Back