Time to grill Tri Tip.
DSCN7742.JPG

Seasoned with a basic TT rub...
DSCN7744.JPG

On the 26"OTG Weber indirect,
DSCN7753.JPG

probed for an internal temp of 125ºF.
DSCN7746.JPG

Once the desired temp was achieved, a sear was administered. That brought the IT to 130ºF.
DSCN7755.JPG

Set aside to rest ten minutes or so, then sliced...
DSCN7760.JPG

DSCN7761.JPG

and served with Crash Hot Potatoes...
DSCN7763.JPG

...and sauteéd Brussels with buttered baby carrots.
DSCN7764.JPG

DSCN7767.JPG

DSCN7766.JPG

Quite a tasty dinner on a cold evening.

Thank you for dealing with my fun
icon_smile.gif

Looks super tasty and juicy! I looked at the time you posted this and said "for breakfast"?? And yes I would eat that for breakfast..
icon_biggrin.gif
Great job!

Wow Jim - 13 degrees - and it was 57 here yesterday and I played golf.

Tri-tip looks great! You continue to amaze me with your cooking.

Ray

Jim,
You always made perfect crashers, and your tri-tips are right up there with them!
Beautiful cook, and pics!

Time to get central heating for the pavilion?

yeah that tri tip is awesome stuff
icon_wink.gif
Thank you all for those kind words
icon_smile.gif

uh huh Bob, the heating system should be in place right around the second last week in June
icon_razz.gif

and welcome back Jeff! Were you on holiday the last week or so? No, the beverage was misplaced
icon_rolleyes.gif
(forgotten outside, grillside)

Was down to single digits here in michigan, but I wasn't attempting any smoking. i give you credit getting out in that. meal looks awesome. being new to this site and the smoking game i can't wait to do something like that

That is a great looking meal. I'm definitely trying Hot Crashed Potatoes next weekend, but may use them with a pork tenderloin.

One question on the potatoes...do you bake and then finish them off by broiling them? Or, does baking them on the top rack brown the tops of the potatoes with the reflective heat from the top of the oven?

13º? That's really rare -- I usually pull mine around 125º. Sorry about your weather, but great looking TT!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> One question on the potatoes...do you bake and then finish them off by broiling them? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Barry, see this link to the potatoes.

It's been a while since I've been back around these parts. I've been slackin' off on the grilling front, and I dare say if I peruse a few more threads, I'm going to be inspired and ready to go. Awesome looking meal. Going to the freezer to pull a couple of tri's...right NOW.

whew!
Thanks hayden, at first i thought i was in for another lecture...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Good to see you back! + post those tris when you cook'em!
icon_wink.gif

Back