Attaching stoker to wsm

steve morg

I just got the stoker in the mail today with attachments for the WSM and my big green egg. It came with the instructions for attaching to the egg but not the WSM. I've seen pics that it attaches with a bolt and some wing nuts but was it supposed to come with that or is there some other way of attaching it?

Steve, I've had a lot to drink tonight but if I'm reading your post right you have a Stoker not a Guru right? If you have a Stoker here's how you INSTALL it. Sorry but you're going to have to wade through a couple of pictures.

Larry's pictures are excellent. Just make sure you mount the blower so that looks like the one in Larry's "Fan Mounted" pic (fat end of the blower up). There is a little flap that opens when the blower is blowing and closes when the blower is not blowing. It is there to protect the fan blades from the heat of the coals while the fan is idle. If the blower is mounted upside down, that little flap will stay open and the plastic fan blades will melt...

Sorry. Posted the wrong one. Thanks Larry. I've been researching them and might get one soon. Jus gotta convince the wife.

Steve, one tip that may help you; if you look at my graph in the pictures you'll see the temp fluctuation, for the life of me I couldn't figure-out why this would happen. Someone suggested I throw a clay saucer in her and what do you know, most of my cooks now are +/-2 degrees. Worked like a charm.

Originally posted by steve morg:
I've seen pics that it attaches with a bolt and some wing nuts but was it supposed to come with that or is there some other way of attaching it?

I don't think anyone addressed this part of your question. Yes, the bolt and wingnut should have come with the Stoker. The bolt goes through the bottom hole of one of your vents, from the inside, then through the hole in the "doggie water bowl", and then the wingnut goes onto the bolt, as the photos show.

Thanks for the replies everyone..I think the issue was that mine didn't come with the bolt & wing nuts as shown in LarryR's pictures. I got some stainless ones from sears hardware today and should be all set. I have it hooked up to my egg right now working on a brisket and butt. Hopefully I can get it hooked up to the WSM tomorrow.

I don't think anyone addressed this part of your question.
In my defense, I was very intoxicated when I replied to this message. I'm amazed I was able to post the link to the picture.

Originally posted by steve morg:
Thanks for the replies everyone..I think the issue was that mine didn't come with the bolt & wing nuts as shown in LarryR's pictures. I got some stainless ones from sears hardware today and should be all set. I have it hooked up to my egg right now working on a brisket and butt. Hopefully I can get it hooked up to the WSM tomorrow.

Notn suprising about Rock's not sending all the parts that you were suposed to get,thats par for the course and the norm for Rock's.Don't bother calling to get what you paid for,you won't get it anyway!

I seem to be able to get John on the phone every time I need something. He has always been more than willing to help me.

I see he gets bashed a lot, and I don't doubt the service others are getting, but I wanted to say it's not always bad...he has taken good care of me.

Originally posted by Pat McCreight:
I seem to be able to get John on the phone every time I need something. He has always been more than willing to help me.

I see he gets bashed a lot, and I don't doubt the service others are getting, but I wanted to say it's not always bad...he has taken good care of me.

Same here Pat. Never had a real problem with him. Always made good on my needs. Great product and good service from my perspective.

Originally posted by Pat McCreight:

I also have never had any problems with John. He has gone above and beyond to help me with the 2 issues i have had. One of which was completely my fault.

It is best to get him on the phone, rather than email or leaving messages. but once you get a hold of him he will take care of whatever is wrong. which is hard to find in the WalmartAmazon age.

Back