cooking with the digiq

Ricklynch

i am planning my first cook. i am purchasing the digiq. i am making the worlds best bbq ribs and chicken. what is the best way to fire the charcoal when using the digiq. minion, or full burn as suggested in the worlds best bbq rib recipe. I have a wsm and I guess the real question is how does one adapt the automatic temp control to established recipes.

Thanks Rick

No experience with digiq. But with stoker, there is no difference at all in the recipe. You pick the temp as you always do but this time, the machine does the work for you.

Also, lighting the fire is easier. I only wait 10-15 minutes for my cooker to stabilize and then let the stoker take control. I have even done it after 5 minutes. This part may be different on WSM though as I use a ceramic cooker....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ricklynch:
i am planning my first cook. i am purchasing the digiq. i am making the worlds best bbq ribs and chicken. what is the best way to fire the charcoal when using the digiq. minion, or full burn as suggested in the worlds best bbq rib recipe. I have a wsm and I guess the real question is how does one adapt the automatic temp control to established recipes.

Thanks Rick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Rick, It's easier to just do the MM for low and slow cooks. Add your 10-15 lit coals to the ulit and smoke wood.. Assemble the WSM, put on the meat, lid and turn on the Digi Q then set your pit temp and then your meat temp. It'll do the rest for you. HTH

Thanks all for the input

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ricklynch:

Thanks Rick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Rick, It's easier to just do the MM for low and slow cooks. Add your 10-15 lit coals to the ulit and smoke wood.. Assemble the WSM, put on the meat, lid and turn on the Digi Q then set your pit temp and then your meat temp. It'll do the rest for you. HTH </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back