Barn Burner in Libertyville,IL Oct14-15...who is going?

Peter Matijevich

TVWBB Member
This will be the last comp of the year for my dad and I. Just wondering who will all be there. Looking forward to meeting some new people
icon_smile.gif

I am going to be there. First KCBS comp for Kens Burnt Ends and we plan on having a good time no matter where we place.

We can't wait. My wife is from Libertyville and the last 2 years I have drove by this event. Both years, rain and cold
icon_wink.gif
I look forward to bad weather...lol. Should be a good time. My dad and I are the Smokin' Croatians. If you get a chance, stop by our tent and say hi.

Last year wasn't too bad Peter, Saturday was almost balmy until the wind kicked up! Heck, Friday was nice also, I was in shorts and a T-shirt until evening

Mark, as of last week they still had 5 openings. This is the contact info I had in the last e-mail.
Stephanie Norum
Operations and Special Events ManagerLambs Farm14245 W. Rockland RoadLibertyville, IL 60048Phone: 847.990.3714Fax: 847.362.0742www.lambsfarm.org

Just an update, they are full, with 60 teams!

One thing to note if you haven't been at this one before, there are only two water spigots available, so leave the hoses at home, and bring containers to hold water in instead.

Also, for anyone considering the chili comp, hopefully you've seen Stephanie's notice about the health dept. meat requirements. All those doing chili need to have proof of purchase from this Friday, else they will not be allowed to compete in that category. This does not apply to the main 4 as only the chili will be being served to the general public.

I tried to find you Ken. I found your booth but you were talking with a group of people and I did not want to interupt you. We had a great time at the cook. Fridy night was a little windy and cold but we made it thru alive
icon_smile.gif

No worries Peter, I'm sure we will cross paths again. I plan on doing this for a LONG time to come. How could I not want to hang out with such a great group of people AND cook up some fantastic meat at the same time. It's just too bad our first comp was the last of this season.

Great job to those that walked! We were unable to make it. We were on the way, and the truck died! Turned out to be a fuel pump, and we just couldn't get it fixed in time!
icon_mad.gif

Thanks Clark and John. We owe most of it to you John. If it wasn't for all of your help, we never could have done as well as we have. And Clarks old smoker came in handy and helped out
icon_smile.gif

Back