Maverick ET-73(first try)

Wolgast

TVWBB Olympian
I think its a good thermo But i have noticed few design failure´s.

First: Why the h3ll putt the on/off button under the battery lid?(on transmitter)boot that guy!

Second: the wire to the probes is not the expensive stuff on this termo so why dont get them 20" longer?

Third: how/can i even change the transmitter to show celsius? the receiver works great but the trans i cant change to celsius?

Other then that its great
icon_smile.gif

A well

Bless

I agree the button on the inside is stupid ! As for celsius let me find my book because it will work on both ! It may take me a bit to find my book but you can change it to C instead of F.

maybe someone here has there book handy I gotta hunt mine up . back to u asap

Maby u got me wrong i can get the receiver to get on the celsius train but the transmitter just show fahrenheit.

Not a big problem but nice to se they match when i go out and look at the wsm.

After some month on this forum its almost better to run in fahrenheit so i dont have to rewert to celsius every single time.

but if u can fins a solution i will be happy.

Bless//Me

The on/off switch is under the battery lid on the transmitter so that the unit can remain waterproof. If you notice there is a o-ring type seal around the battery compartment. It does work. My ET-73 has been rained on several times and is still working like the day I got it.

Well u got a point,and if its actually water proof then i can accept that.

But i havent tested mine in the rain yet
icon_smile.gif

Wolgast, from the user guide (under the transmitter features section):

"LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) - displays temperature of both Food and Smoker Probes sensors. It automatically switches between Food and Smoker displays. (Note: temperature on the transmitter is only displayed in F."

What a bunch of hooey THAT is (although I s'pose one could use that conversion chart, and work out the calculations as the temps go up and/or down....)Nah.

And while I'm at it, allow me to add another minor annoyance: The factory default setting for food temps is 176 F; in order to set it to, say, 150 F, one has to cycle all the way UP through 400 F by pressing the High/Clear button, then start from the bottom of the temp scale to go back up to 150 F - in other words, there ain't no reverse on the dad-blamed thing....

Also, You CAN order an optional food probe with a 6-foot shielded wire - something I plan to do before my next cook.

Regards,

Rooster

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Mattheis:
The on/off switch is under the battery lid on the transmitter so that the unit can remain waterproof. If you notice there is a o-ring type seal around the battery compartment. It does work. My ET-73 has been rained on several times and is still working like the day I got it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Having used this for a year now, a protective switch on the outside would have been so much better and more practical for the user.
Most will admit, it is poorly designed on that aspect.

Back