Smoke on the Water, results.

MKEvenson

TVWBB Wizard
Last weekend we competed at ClearLake, Calif.
My teammates were obligated by work so I went it alone. My darling wife did help with the set up take down and the boxes.
Many of you know by reputation, Slap Your Daddy, Harry Soo. He took RGC with able help from Donna of Butcher's Daughter BBQ team.

Mark's kitchen and Smokin' BBQ took 7th out of 35 teams. I must however give all the credit to my new companion and maskcott, "ROO"

seen here with some other pics of the comp.

http://www.madmeatgenius.com/2...smokin-on-water.html

Mark

Mark's Kitchen & Smokin' BBQ

I wish I could have been there Mark-I was as usual On Call all weekend. So you did it all yourself and took 7th. Very cool. Are you doing Cameron Park by yourself?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Whiting:
I wish I could have been there Mark-I was as usual On Call all weekend. So you did it all yourself and took 7th. Very cool. Are you doing Cameron Park by yourself? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mac is going to pick up my slack at RibStock.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mk evenson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Whiting:
I wish I could have been there Mark-I was as usual On Call all weekend. So you did it all yourself and took 7th. Very cool. Are you doing Cameron Park by yourself? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mac is going to pick up my slack at RibStock. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Great News! Maybe I will be able to drop by for a visit.

Very impressive Mark! Sorry to hear you weren't able to find anybody to give you a hand. I didn't realize from your earlier post that you had no other help for it. Just thought you were throwing out the offer. If I had known that I would have tried to make it.

I'm hoping to make it to ribstock though. It will be my first time checking out a competition.

Good luck!

Justin, no worries, It was good to see if I COULD do a solo.I guess I did.
Come by the Stock and sit a spell.

Mark.

Will do Mark.

Beings this will be my first time checking out a competition, when is the best time to come? I've heard Friday is best so I'll try to go Friday evening. If I can't make that, would it be best to come Saturday morning to observe teams preparing for turn-in and then wait until after turn-ins to interact?

Thanks and good luck this weekend!

Justin, Fri evening just before the cooks meeting or after is kinda the social hour. Good time to talk to teams, have an adult beverage etc. Sat is kinda hectic during turn ins, BUT, if you do not try to talk to anyone and just observe, I found it to be a really good time to see the cooks setting their meet in the boxes. It is always good to know what the others are doing. After last turn in is a good time to talk to the teams that are not doing PC. If you can hang around for the awards, I like that part, even as an observer before I competed. Check out the WIKI, should give you all the times.

http://www.cbbqa.org/wiki/inde..._Peace,_Love_%26_BBQ

My turn in times this comp will be 12 noon and 1PM. You are welcome to come and hang out, wash dishes, observe. Mac and I will be there with our wives and ROOS!!

Mark

Back