"Rotmos"

Wolgast

TVWBB Olympian
Well since Jim lampe made a post bout rutabaga mash i wanted to post how i was grown up eating it.

Start of with a leg of pork,carrots,onion,thyme,salt,bay leafes and a few whole allspice corns. Will boil this for about 2h...But first just the leg goes in for 10 - 15 min the defoum the broth.

This is the ratio of Taters/carrots/rutabaga i use.

Waiting for the leg to be done

This is what my mother served with the mash...I only add it to make a killer broth...To mutch "Stuff" in there.

Start to add the Rutabaga in the broth and boil for 15 min...Then the carrots for another 15...Last the potatoes for 20min(give or take) untill all is soft then i mash it with a nub of butter/salt/white pepper. And i add broth(boiling liq)to the right texture.

Grilled up some Swedish Isterband

And plated...Added some of that leg aswell...Dont care for it. The kids loved it and said it tasted like Chicken
icon_wink.gif
(thats what boiling meat does)

And to thank Emilies polish work buddy we smoked a chincken for her.(for the Bigos)

The small one was pulled and eaten natcho style.

With a glass of THIS!

My internet have been down for 36h Feels good to be back!
icon_smile.gif

This all looks excellent. This seems to be a labor of love, but I'll bet is worth it. The Isterband sausage looks really good. It all is awesome...

Back