Plans for WSM caddy

Looks very nice. How would you access the vent lever?

Also, it says the wood could be cut with hand tools, but how would you cut the round shape where the kettle goes?

Dave, you position the WSM in the cart so all three bottom vents are facing(or as close as possible to) the sides. The sides are insulated and swing open. All the wood will be pressure treated lumber. The top will have a place covered with granite tile for a cutting area or just a somewhere to put the lid. I'm assembling the parts this week. Hope to tackle this next week.I've got a friend who has all the right tools. He's going to help me put this together. Will let you know about the hole in the middle.

Hello Paul,

That is very nice!

I did something along those lines (outdoor kitchen kinda thing). Did not have the option for the sides to open so I setup the WSM on a heavy duty lazy susan for vent access.

Question, do you just have a cut out in the table top for the WSM?

I love mine, but I wish I had stumbled upon your plans earlier... would have saved myself a lot of work.

Good work!

Gary

Gary, I'm just going to measure the diameter of the cooker and allow a little extra space so I can feed my ET73 wires down. I'll use the lid as a pattern. My biggest problem at this point is finding insulation to cover the doors. If all else fails I'll use aluminum flashing.

Hi Paul.....

I was wondering if you have any detailed photos of your assembled unit.
Did you end up using aluminum flashing?

Spiro

Did you guys notice the wheels? I swear they read "Weber". I have a work table t\hat is going to become a WSM table, work area, complete with ceramic tile on top.

Hi Paul

the link is not working, says album not available!
icon_frown.gif

If you have the photo link on this site ......send it out and I will check it.

thanks
Spiro

Spiro, do a search on this site using the words "new wsm cart" in the find block. My post comes up and try that link.

i have been mulling over the idea of making something similar to this, but long enough to fit my 22.5 kettle AND my WSM. i don't think i will need wheels as it will pretty much be a stationary thing. if and when i get up the nerve to do it, i'll post pics.

The link works to get you to the thumbnails, but if you click on one to see the full-size photo, you get an error message.
icon_frown.gif

Paul I saw the pics it looks great, are your plans public meaning can you pass them on (share)??? I am not quite sure How I would mount a 22.5 inch gold kettle in that unit.....the handles may pose an issue

Spiro, if you check this site , go to the "find" tab at the top,put in"new wsm cart" you'll find a link where you can get the plans. If you can't find it just holler. I did make some mods to the original drawings. I forgot how wide the top is on mine. I could have made it wider if I wanted to but the WSM fit just right.

Paul........

I only saw the pis, I also did the search as you suggested, and I could not find those plans anywhere on the site.......you can e-mail them to me if you have time. I think it would be faster

Back