Can anyone recommend some US made grill utencils?

Mark Orth

TVWBB Member
Hi. Looking for a new grill brush and tongs and I'm trying to avoid "made in China". Yes, I know this is tough and everything is made there now. There has to be something.

Thanks.

Mark,I hate to do this to you,but the best tongs I have found are at Wal-Mart and cost $2.47. I know,I know.
You could also try the Weber website or Amazon. Just remember to use the link on this website if you decide to buy from Amazon.

Not sure if this is the type you're seeking but see here for brushes. (I've not used these.) Vollrath makes tongs in the USA. Try acemart.com or webstaurantstore.com

Originally posted by Mark Orth:
Hi. Looking for a new grill brush and tongs and I'm trying to avoid "made in China". Yes, I know this is tough and everything is made there now. There has to be something.

Thanks.

Hi Mark. I've been using the LamonSharp brand for many many years. Very good quality, made in USA, and I'm not afraid of what the product was made out of.
icon_wink.gif

Here is their LamsonSharp web site

Yes, you will pay more than the Wally World stuff, but it will last and you will be happy with your purchase. I won't get on the Made in the USA soapbox, but you do get what you pay for.

My favorite BBQ tool, just happens to be a set of tongs. I didn't pay any attention to where they were made until I read your post. They are the KitchenAid Cook's Series Stainless Steel Utility Tongs .

I like them because they are flat edged, non serrated, and non grooved around any edge. They're like little spatula's on the end of two handles. I prefer the flat edges over the grooved or serrated ones because sometimes those other ones damage burgers when I turn em. The flat ones are better in my opinion.

My only complaint is that I wish they were a bit longer. I think the weber one's are a similar design with a longer handle.

I did a little bit of googling to try and find out if they are US made and I had a hard time finding out. Kitchenaid makes so many products that it's hard to find out about these specific tongs.

Agreed. I have several. Started with them a bazillion years ago in restaurants and never looked back.

Back